Me: It's strawberry & rhubarb coulis
Dad: Oh cool! But... that's a whole tub, what are you gonna do with all of that?
Me: Well, I can decorate dessert plates, pour it over ice cream & cake
Dad: Right. But... that's a whole tub...
Me: Well, I can freeze the rest into ice cubes you know!
Dad: ... (still staring at the tub)
3 days later
Me: (pulling out the tub from the fridge) Ok, fine dad! I'll make sherbet with the coulis.
Dad: What's that in the tub?
Strawberry & Rhubarb sherbet
- 2 cups of chopped strawberries
- 2 cups of sliced rhubarbs
- 2/3 cup of sugar (the coulis I made only had 1/3 cup, but it'd be sour so add 1/3 or more)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp of Ice wine cider (optional)
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
When ready, churn mixture in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instruction, add the chopped strawberries in at the last 5 minutes of churning.
Serve with home-made waffle bowls, some chocolate-covered almonds or an Oreo cookie :) Yummy!