I bought it yesterday and now I can't put it down. My heart flutters every time I hold it. With each picture taken, it beats a little faster. And with every glance, the butterflies in my tummy go haywire.
Ok, ok, maybe it's not dramatic like that, but pretty close, no joke... So today, I made soup for my Rebel. Vegetable Soup Two Ways. Just to say "Welcome to the family, sit down and have a hearty soup to warm you up. Make yourself at home!" That kind of thing....
Chunky Vegetable Soup
- A splash of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced, or chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped.
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- a pinch of (sea) salt
- 1 cup of tomato puree (I used canned)
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1L of chicken broth (Or vegetable broth if you prefer)
- 1 can of beans (I had pinto beans on hand) drained and rinsed
- a pinch of dried herbs like: thym, rosemary, parsley,
- 1/2 cup cooking cream, or whole milk
- a few pinches of turmeric, curry powder and cayenne pepper
Add the tomato puree and corn, stir, let cook for a few minutes. Then add the broth, turn heat up to maximum and bring to a boil.
Add the beans. Season with dried herbs.
I am going back to my Rebel. Have a great day and Happy Holidays once again!!!!!