I bought it yesterday and now I can't put it down. My heart flutters every time I hold it. With each picture taken, it beats a little faster. And with every glance, the butterflies in my tummy go haywire.
Ok, ok, maybe it's not dramatic like that, but pretty close, no joke... So today, I made soup for my Rebel. Vegetable Soup Two Ways. Just to say "Welcome to the family, sit down and have a hearty soup to warm you up. Make yourself at home!" That kind of thing....
Chunky Vegetable Soup
- A splash of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced, or chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped.
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- a pinch of (sea) salt
- 1 cup of tomato puree (I used canned)
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1L of chicken broth (Or vegetable broth if you prefer)
- 1 can of beans (I had pinto beans on hand) drained and rinsed
- a pinch of dried herbs like: thym, rosemary, parsley,
- 1/2 cup cooking cream, or whole milk
- a few pinches of turmeric, curry powder and cayenne pepper
Add the tomato puree and corn, stir, let cook for a few minutes. Then add the broth, turn heat up to maximum and bring to a boil.
Add the beans. Season with dried herbs.
Chunky vegetable soup
Cream of vegetable soup:Transfer half of the chunky soup into another soup pot. Whiz everything up with a hand-held blender, or in a blender. Then use a sieve, and "filter" the soup. Bring back to a boil, add cream, turmeric, curry powder, cayenne pepper and stir well.
Cream of vegetable soupAnd voila. All I'm missing right now is some thick slices of bread, toasted with melted cheese on top.... Hmmmm....
I am going back to my Rebel. Have a great day and Happy Holidays once again!!!!!