Yes, me too... *sigh*....
Functioning on half a brain lately due to my love for making these babies, I haven't had much time to do the other thing I like so much: cooking. Shame...
So a couple of days ago, when a bunch of lovely trout filets caught my eyes, I knew I couldn't resist and that no matter what happened that night, I was going to cook.
Here comes the best part: the quick marinade of, seriously, random things I picked out from the fridge that made sense at the time... And it turned out great!!!!!! So here is how it all went down:
Too-tired-to-think oven baked trout:
Oven at 400*F. Line a baking pan with foil, then parchment paper, so you have no cleaning up to do afterward.
Pull out the big mixing bowl, and toss in there:
- About 1 to 2 Tbsp of olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar.
- A couple of splashes of balsamic reduction
- A chunk of wasabi
- A squeeze of oyster sauce
- A few splashes of lemon juice
- A few grinds of black pepper
- A pinch of turmeric powder (because it is good for your health, read here!)
- Sea salt to taste
- A few cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped.
Whisk it all together. Drench the filets of trout in the mix, and be generous! Place them in the baking pan. pour the rest of the marinade on top, and bake for about 20 minutes or so. Ta-da, done!
Look at that yummy flesh... Hmm... it was delicious! And the yellow spots? That's the turmeric doing its healthy things for ya! ;)
Eat! Relax for half an hour or so. Now go do the other things that you have to get done. Good luck!!! :)