Ok, this is not a recipe. Ready?
- Meat: chicken/pork/beef/shrimp/tofu, whatever you have on hand. Grilled or stir fried, with a bit of oil, sliced onions & garlic, and a few drops of pure fish sauce right before taking it off the heat
- Salad: iceberg lettuce/spring mix/romaine lettuce, bean sprouts, mints/Thai basil/coriander
- Vermicelli, cooked and drained according to package
- Sauce: prepared fish sauce
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
- Vietnamese "do chua" (pickled shredded carrots & daikon, optional)
- Chopsticks (oh c'mon! You can't eat this with a fork!!! It's just not the same!)
Hmmm... I looooove it.... And of course, I ate too much...